Newbie here, need some answers!!

Weather & Road Conditions discussion forum to from and around, Mammoth Lakes, June, Bishop and the surrounding areas.

Re: Newbie here, need some answers!!

Postby baiuse » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm

snowtrekker wrote:
mspamelablythe wrote:
baiuse wrote:
mspamelablythe wrote:
baiuse wrote:Never had a week off for president's day, just the friday and monday.

People in my office live in school districts where they take the whole week off and call it Ski Week. Wish they had that when I was growing up!

Are they in LAUSD? They do their own thing for holidays it seems like, extra week for winter break, end a week later in the summer than most. A week off for presidents day would have been amazing, would have been skiing all week!

Redondo Beach. Wish I grew up there!

I can confirm that most Beach Cities schools now do this, although I always thought it was the week that included President's Day, not the week before.

Lucky them. Are these days they eliminated to save money or are they made up at the end of the year?
baiuse
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Re: Newbie here, need some answers!!

Postby playfulcoyote » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Curiously, what do you have in the way of cold weather clothing or ski wear? (Warm water proof Jacket and pants, gloves, goggles, something for your head, etc.) If you have never been in the snow I'm wondering if you are prepared. Cold weather and snow is no fun if you can't feel your toes, fingers or nose. Also as far as driving with the top down keep in mind that even the desserts are cold this time of year, especially at night. Not trying to scare you but these are things you need to consider.
playfulcoyote
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Previous

Return to Weather, Snow & Road Conditions