So-Cal snow conditions

Weather & Road Conditions discussion forum to from and around, Mammoth Lakes, June, Bishop and the surrounding areas.

So-Cal snow conditions

Postby Freerider » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Suk , They closed SS and have 1/2 a run at Bear. Time to head to MM again.
" Honey can I ? Can I ? pretty please with sugar on top .
I did the dishes and now I`m going shopping and will cook dinner and anything else she wants.
A couple days of this treatment should do it.
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Re: So-Cal snow conditions

Postby onegoodturn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:35 pm

You have a place to stay Freerider. It would be fun to ride with you. Let me know..
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Freerider » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:40 pm

onegoodturn wrote:You have a place to stay Freerider. It would be fun to ride with you. Let me know..

P.M. sent
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby xeren » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

yeah, the closing of SS is disappointing- last year was of course a terrible year, but at least I had access to a mountain in socal!

any suggestions on a decent place to stay (not luxurious, but not overly cheap) last minute in mammoth? should I just hit up vrbo?

was thinking of doing one of the ski and lodging packages at mammoth mountain inn, but my friend already has a season pass, so the extra tickets would go to waste. does mammoth let us resell them?
xeren
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby Photoho » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I see a candle light dinner for Mrs Freerider tonight ;)
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Freerider » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Dang, I knew I forgot something.
and the Thanksgiving candles were right there on the hutch.
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby Freerider » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Xeren, I`m sure others would have good advise for you but one thing I`ll mention. I have a season pass, my buddy who joined me for the opener did not. I talked to 800 mammoth reservations and they did have an option for me that credited back due to only one ticket needed.We didn`t end up staying there because my buddy wanted convienent night time options and I sleep better at 7k than 9k. Not sure if they will still do it now that the mountain has so much open. When I called they didn`t even know for sure if they would have ch 3 open.
you might want to also askfor suggestions in a lodgeing thread, probably get more responce. A lot of locals won`t read this thread.
Also your friend gets a discount with the season pass. I have also had MM move me from MMinn to Juniper springs for no extra charge when Eagle is not open. Juniper has nice rooms with nice kitchens.
Good Luck
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby xeren » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Freerider wrote:Xeren, I`m sure others would have good advise for you but one thing I`ll mention. I have a season pass, my buddy who joined me for the opener did not. I talked to 800 mammoth reservations and they did have an option for me that credited back due to only one ticket needed.We didn`t end up staying there because my buddy wanted convienent night time options and I sleep better at 7k than 9k. Not sure if they will still do it now that the mountain has so much open. When I called they didn`t even know for sure if they would have ch 3 open.
you might want to also askfor suggestions in a lodgeing thread, probably get more responce. A lot of locals won`t read this thread.
Also your friend gets a discount with the season pass. I have also had MM move me from MMinn to Juniper springs for no extra charge when Eagle is not open. Juniper has nice rooms with nice kitchens.
Good Luck

thanks Freerider. I'll probably give mammoth a call soon to sort that out- i can't imagine they'll be super crowded this weekend, even with the (possible) storm coming in
xeren
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby Freerider » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

They blew snow last night in BB and they are blowing again now. Hoping this storm comming gets us going down here.
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby Freerider » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm

about 6-8 of heavy snow in BB. Good base snow. I was first chair up and first down. Shreaded the pow up for 10 runs during the storm.Taking a break and hopeing for a afternoon storm and some refills.
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby xeren » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Freerider wrote:about 6-8 of heavy snow in BB. Good base snow. I was first chair up and first down. Shreaded the pow up for 10 runs during the storm.Taking a break and hopeing for a afternoon storm and some refills.

are you at bear mountain? snow summit is still closed, right?
xeren
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby Freerider » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 pm

yes Bear, Tomorrow I think they will run chair 9 .today only 2 so far. The word is sat for SS but who knows they probably could open tomorrow if they wanted
Freerider
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby xeren » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Freerider wrote:yes Bear, Tomorrow I think they will run chair 9 .today only 2 so far. The word is sat for SS but who knows they probably could open tomorrow if they wanted

if they open tomorrow, i'll be mad, since i can't make it until saturday- i would like some at least semi-pow feel to the snow on my first day of the season! if they open friday it will definitely be all tracked out by then.

luckily it's cold enough for them to run the fan guns nonstop if they want to- hopefully they will have enough of a base on more than just 2 runs at SS on saturday.
xeren
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby MountainNut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm

““The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government.” - Thomas Jefferson
MountainNut
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Going deep inside the Kremlin ... KGB-plotting with Vladimir Puntang..

Postby xeren » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

ha, if only that were dozens of feet of snow obscuring the cam and not fog
xeren
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Next

Return to Weather, Snow & Road Conditions