Blacksmokes

A forum for equipment discussion, suggestions, and reviews.

Blacksmokes

Postby Phkit-Tukit » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm

I am looking for more of these skis. I own the 200's, navy blue cap construction. Love this ski, fast and stable. I have skied the 213's, yellow(thanks flyin' brian). Would love to find a pair of those. anything blacksmoke... or any awsome old skis. i currently own a pair of yamaha paramount custom, salomon s9000 equipe, and my blacksmokes. (ive turned into a vintage ski fan) thanks...
BEST DAY EVER! all skis ski
Phkit-Tukit
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Re: Blacksmokes

Postby loureed » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Oh yes. I had a pair of the 208 Super G's. Still best pair of ski's I've ever had. Until, I bent the sh!t out of 'em. They were made by Wolf. If you find 'em, let me know, I'm in. They used to make a white fat ski, called the Cold Smoke. Could've been one of the first fat boy's out there. There used to be a Wolf shop in town, downstairs next to The Tower.

I found these after a quick search:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/sport-an ... 0939486676

http://chico.craigslist.org/spo/2759222041.html

The company was based out of Ketchum, Id. and out of business now. I'll keep looking...

Here, go straight to the source and see what happens. Can't hurt, eh?

http://members.fortunecity.com/laittola/id40.htm
loureed
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby Phkit-Tukit » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am

Awesome! thanks Loureed. when i am on a computer that allows me to check out those links i will.
In current conditions ive only been skiing my smokes...its always a pleasure to me just how awesome that ski is. Stable, light, and very responsive to aggresive skiing. I wish they would start making skis again, i think with all the new technology out now, Wolf could really make a great ski.
Phkit-Tukit
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby Photoho » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:27 am

I saw a pair of cold smokes in Scotty B's museum. I mean garage
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Phkit-Tukit » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 am

this summer there was a pair of cold smokes (blue) at the disabled sports second hand store. for 60 bucks but they were like a 160...a little to short. and whats the deal with that second hand store? a little on the pricy side if you ask me. Scotty B??? what else is in your garage? salomon equipe bindings?
Phkit-Tukit
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby Photoho » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:50 pm

He has a brand new 6 year old canoe he won in an auction. He's been using it for storage for 6 years.
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby k2 Guy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh my!! I hope you don't use these to straight line the mountain (lol).
k2 Guy
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby mspamelablythe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 pm

I saw this thread and thought about Lost.
"Just a bunch of newbie GFS goupies commenting on how fantasyland is looking good..." - SlashTurn
mspamelablythe
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Location: Somewhere between Outpost 14 and Hash House a Go Go...

Postby Phkit-Tukit » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 am

k2 Guy wrote:Oh my!! I hope you don't use these to straight line the mountain (lol).

Jump turns baby!!
Phkit-Tukit
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby lovecreature » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

I just purchased a pair of Wolf Blacksmoke skis (159cm) from a used gear shop up in Bend. I bought them because they are mounted with a pair of AT bindings that I have been looking for. I will plan on taking the bindings off and remounting them on another pair of skis. If anyone on this thread is looking for Blacksmokes, you can contact me.
lovecreature
Sesame street
Sesame street

Postby hardnipplez » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

lovecreature wrote:I just purchased a pair of Wolf Blacksmoke skis (159cm) from a used gear shop up in Bend. I bought them because they are mounted with a pair of AT bindings that I have been looking for. I will plan on taking the bindings off and remounting them on another pair of skis. If anyone on this thread is looking for Blacksmokes, you can contact me.

159's???????????????
hardnipplez
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Return to Equipment