Church of the Cosmic Origin

Discussions regarding Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Cross country, Biking, Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Climbing, and more, at June Mountain and the surrounding areas

Moderator: JuneGOssip

Church of the Cosmic Origin

Postby windyscotty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Yo, If you are a June Lake Looper, chances are you have heard about this interesting subject. If not, then learn a little June Lake history. This article was previously published in the Mammoth Times. dm

I was working as a cub reporter for the Mono Herald newspaper in Mammoth Lakes in the early 1980s. In walked this guy in his early thirties with a blond Afro, and he told me a story I will never forget. He said he was a member of the Church of the Cosmic Origin in June Lake, and that relations with his fellow church members had gone sour; it had to do with a disagreement over the true belief. The Church of the Cosmic Origin was founded by Hope Troxell from Pasadena, Calif. She received a vision that Carson Peak in June Lake is a major UFO pathway and moved there to start a church.

The fellow told me that when he was 11, he was abducted by a UFO in June Lake, probed and released back. He said his father was the head of UFO intelligence investigations after WWII and had the photos to prove it. He claimed it is difficult to distinguish between real and unreal UFOs. That people have had the technology to build high-tech flying vehicles in their garages for years, and these are the objects that can be identified. He went on to say that there are other UFOs that cannot be explained and are the real thing; like the one he was abducted in.

So when Hope Troxell moved to June Lake he became a natural follower. In time his fellow church members would not accept his ideas and began to shun him. They would hold hands in the middle of the night around his trailer and chant. That made him real paranoid and super-squirrelly. It wasn’t unusual behavior though, as these people were known to stay up all night looking for UFOs.

I wasn’t buying into the whole story and forgot about it. Presently, a friend of mine from high school was visiting me one afternoon in June Lake. We were having a barbecue in the back of the house, when the guy with the blond Afro drove up in a yellow Cadillac. He said, “Man, I just saw some UFOs right up there in the sky above Carson Peak.” We looked up and saw two lights moving at light speed in a V pattern. It lasted about a split second. We looked at each other, then at him, and told him that we both saw it. He got in his Caddy and split. It was too much, and we still talk about it to this day.

What is the truth and what is science fiction about UFOs? What if there are no higher forms of life on other planets, and humans search in vain never to find it? That would make the earth and all life on it that much more important to preserve. Alien forms of life could already be with us transported by particles from outer space, in the form of viruses that could someday conquer the world.
Last edited by windyscotty on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Re: Church of the Cosmic Origin

Postby JibberC » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:54 pm

haha :D :rofl: i love these funny stories
2 is better than 1
JibberC
Broadway
Broadway

Postby windyscotty » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks for reading and sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.
Last edited by windyscotty on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby snowtrekker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Alien forms of life could already be with us transported by particles from outer space, in the form of viruses that could someday conquer the world.

There actually is a plausible (if no mainstream) theory that life on Earth originally came from space. On the weirder side, Francis Crick, who helped discover the structure of DNA, once suggested that "life on Earth was originally seeded by intelligent aliens." Another great mind of the 20th century, Fred Hoyle, believed that most of our diseases came from space, and that humans evolved noses with nostrils underneath to prevent space viruses from falling in.
“Oh, yeah, you are going to get nailed.” - Meteorologist Dawn Fishler

"Fishing season starts soon and the ice should be gone and the snow should recede. If it hasn’t, just go skiing." - Dave McCoy
snowtrekker
Climax
Climax

Postby windyscotty » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I am beginning to think that my RA (rhuematoid arthritis) came from a virus. If the virus came from space then it is interplanetary revenge.
Last edited by windyscotty on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby Jbaysurfer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 pm

:rofl:

good stuff.

FWIW I think that it's more likely there IS life out their but humans may forever search in vain because our technology can't get us that far. I think your right about the aliens giving you arthritis though, thats why my wrist always tells me when the weathers about to change :-)
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby quacque » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 am

"Only a sibilant separates the cosmic from the comic."

--Vladimir Nabokov
quacque
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby windyscotty » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

So, has anybody seen any UFOs tracking over Carson Peak this summer? And where is that old space freak, Jack Bing? Does he still haunt the backroads of June Lake. I forgot to tell the Perseids people to watch for UFOs, if they were in June Lake that night. It is clear that there is something special about June Lake or Hope Troxell would not have chosen it for a place to move her church to.
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby JLLocal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Last I heard, Jack was going to jail. Apparently the authorities don't take it lightly when someone is using counterfeit money. :o I'm sure, however, that he didn't do it intentionally and it was done at the directions of aliens that were able to infiltrate the aluminum foil he always wore in his hat. :D
JLLocal
Sesame street
Sesame street

Postby windyscotty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Thankyou for that most informative information.
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby maxpower88 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

What if alien life found us and liked what we had? By that I mean our water, oil, food, slave labor(humans)etc...
"How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer…merciless…insatiable…"
maxpower88
Climax
Climax

Postby ride395 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

you think aliens would need oil? what if they haven't reached the industrial revoultion yet? lol

they probably still have have horse-drawn flying saucers.
http://jonnycoppfoundation.org/ | Make your own Legends
ride395
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby maxpower88 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

ride395 wrote:you think aliens would need oil? what if they haven't reached the industrial revoultion yet? lol

they probably still have have horse-drawn flying saucers.

LOL!
"How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer…merciless…insatiable…"
maxpower88
Climax
Climax

Postby powderbadger137 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:21 pm

wierd stuff, Im 100% sure somewhere in the universe there is life using the law of averages, but intelligent life visiting earth is debatable
powderbadger137
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby MeltingUFO » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:28 pm

"Aliens" don't come here in flying saucers or DC-10s for that matter. That's just silly.

Looking to outer space is the wrong direction.

Peas,
MeltingUFO
MeltingUFO
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Next

Return to June Mountain