Rusty says re-opening for 2013-14?

Discussions regarding Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Cross country, Biking, Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Climbing, and more, at June Mountain and the surrounding areas

Moderator: JuneGOssip

Re: Rusty says re-opening for 2013-14?

Postby 6IX » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

onegoodturn wrote:
6IX wrote: Fri-Sun would be a start… That’s when I’d be able to make it up there.

And it's all about you, of course.

:lol: :x

Certainly not... But if there's nobody there most days, having the entire mountain staffed 7 days a week along with Mammoth doesnt seem realistic, does it? :|
Heroes: 1) Dave McCoy
6IX
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby ofset » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:56 pm

ofset
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby Jbaysurfer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 pm

I would applaud, but seriously, seems kinda obvious. I guess it's good they're going to keep the public land open to the public...DUH!

Thanks for the link 0fset
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby 6IX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

onegoodturn wrote:You should stick to your Mammoth over pricing thread and just STFU about June.

Easy there ya big crank pot, I was just wondering how they plan to work out the re-opening (and attempted to steer this thread away from the prior negativity). I realize this hits close to home for ya, but "STFU", really? :? :hai:
6IX
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby onegoodturn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Really.
It didn't seem like you were "wondering" it seemed like you had a plan for the Mtn. Have you ever spent a day at June? Ever spent a day in June Lake?

And I've never done crank, I heard it does bad things to your body. So is a crank pot someone who is on crank and pot at the same time???
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby 6IX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Didnt mean to make it sound like 'my plan for the mountain'... Please forgive me and substitute the word "would" for "should" in my orginal post. I hope we can still be friends after such a travesty.

And yes, you seem cranky. All the negative spat in this thread and you jump on me for a simple comment. Sheesh. :x

I'll be on the hill this Friday-Saturday if you want to come give me some more grief. :idea:
6IX
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby onegoodturn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I'll buy you a beer. That's if you drink. Will that carving girlfriend be with you? Maybe she's your wife by now? I've always liked her riding style. I can maybe get some shots of you and her for my "Wall of Fame"

But if it dumps, I'll probably be riding June and all bets are off.
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby 6IX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Well thats at least 2 beers each since I'm buying you one first. Sounds like a party... and if it puts down a foot Thurs-Friday like it's supposed to it sure will be. heh heh.

Yes the wife is coming, along with a half dozen others. Jumping off from Canyon Lodge both days (staying at Mountainback). We'll see how it stacks up, but let me know if you'll be on Mammoth Friday (because I doubt you'd go there Saturday).
6IX
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby ofset » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

if it snows less that 5" on Friday I will join both you kids for a beer at the Mill. i'll even drag the wifey along too.
ofset
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby Jbaysurfer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 pm

I'll be there on Friday as well....sounds like a meet up!
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby hardnipplez » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Jbaysurfer wrote:I'll be there on Friday as well....sounds like a meet up!

NTTATWWT-unicorns and rainbows
hardnipplez
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby onegoodturn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm

You should come back as twistednipplez next time...
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Jbaysurfer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 pm

hardnipplez wrote:
Jbaysurfer wrote:I'll be there on Friday as well....sounds like a meet up!

NTTATWWT-unicorns and rainbows

^upon rereading..I probably earned that ^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby Sierra Lady » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Back on topic.

An excerpt from Rusty's email letter that went out to MVP holders today:

I am happy to announce the 2013/14 MVP will once again allow unlimited skiing at both Mammoth and June Mountains. Yes, June Mountain will be re-opening next year with a new focus on families, particularly those new to skiing and riding. Stay tuned for more details about the fun to be had on the mountain and in the town of June Lake next winter.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

In this week's papers.

Mammoth Times

Fear and loathing in June Lake

The Sheet

June agenda item at Mono Supes meeting fizzles when MMSA doesn’t show
Carry chains! :idea:

"And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way." ;) - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/SierraLady2/
Sierra Lady
Rodger's Ridge

Postby onegoodturn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Rusty Gregory met with the Mono Co. supervisors today. I attended at the teleconference room in Mammoth. Here' s a condensed version of what Rusty talked about. June Mt. will open this summer for at least wedding and special events, Like the Bill Walton bike ride last summer where everyone went up J1 after the ride and had lunch and drinks. He didn't rule out being open to the public during the summer.

He stated that the lenders are off his back, Mammoth had a good year this year, and he is making the decisions now. June Mt. will be open for the 2013/2014 ski season. They are going to market the hill towards young families with an emphasis on a strong ski school for kids.

Next they are going to look for water up there, Rusty is sure they can find it. Then they will vastly improve their snow making capabilities. At the same time they are going to submit plans for a new high speed detachable lift to replace J1. He didn't say if it's going to be a quad, six pack or gondola. The new snow making and high speed detachable will be up and running for the winter of 2015/2016. He did say the detachable will cost $6 million (sure glad SnS isn't CEO) and will be a Doppelmayr.

He said that they kicked around the idea of opening 4 days a week as opposed to 7. He said that the difference financially wasn't much and that are leaning towards being open 7 days a week. I got the feeling that it's gonna be 7 days.

That's it boys and girls, hope to see all y'all at June next year...
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

PreviousNext

Return to June Mountain