The Face

Discussions regarding Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Cross country, Biking, Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Climbing, and more, at June Mountain and the surrounding areas

Moderator: JuneGOssip

The Face

Postby Hebby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Anyone know if there will be any enforcement or regulations for skinning up the cat track and skiing the face this year?
Hebby
Sesame street
Sesame street

Re: The Face

Postby onegoodturn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 pm

I asked Rusty Gregory the same question about a month ago. His response was that the forest service will let us know. But in the mean time I'd say got for it. I'll see ya up there.
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby SDrider84 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I plan on doing that a couple times this season if there is good snow.
SDrider84
Stump Alley
Stump Alley

Postby Jbaysurfer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Hebby wrote:Anyone know if there will be any enforcement or regulations for skinning up the cat track and skiing the face this year?

Since it's public land, and the permit holder isn't operating on it, I personally view enforcement to be on the side of the public, not the non-compliant permit holder.

Be safe, but screw what Mammoth mountain says about your right to use your public lands, and enjoy the hell out of it!
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby onegoodturn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Jbay, the forest service is going to weigh in on this way more than Mammoth Mountain will this winter.

Stay tuned.
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Return to June Mountain