June merch at McCoy Sports in village

Discussions regarding Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Cross country, Biking, Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Climbing, and more, at June Mountain and the surrounding areas

Moderator: JuneGOssip

Re: June merch at McCoy Sports in village

Postby CalvaryMike » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Photoho wrote:Can we use our $50 bonus money on our pass ?

Yes
One does not simply summon the WG for weak storms - "ocboarder"
CalvaryMike
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby ospreywatcher » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Sorry, there's no June Mtn. logo wear in June Lake. It all got moved to McCoy Sports.

I saw T-shirts and sweatshirts that had June Mountain on them. They said it was not the current logo, but one from the sixties.
ospreywatcher
Broadway
Broadway

Postby Sierra Lady » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 pm

ospreywatcher wrote:I just walked around town. The June Lake General Store has a few June Mountain sweatshirts on display.

Sierra Wave has lots of shirts with the original logo from the sixties. Ernies was packed so I couldn't ask over there.
Lots of stores have "I love June Mountain" stickers.

June Lake is crowded today. You'd never guess there was a problem.

Thanks for the tip, OW. We like the old JM logo anyway so next time we're in town we'll pick up a few at Sierra Wave. :y:

There's never been a 'problem' with the village of JL in the summer and autumn! :!:
Carry chains! :idea:

"And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way." ;) - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/SierraLady2/
Sierra Lady
Rodger's Ridge

Postby Photoho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 pm

CalvaryMike wrote:
Photoho wrote:Can we use our $50 bonus money on our pass ?

Yes

I'm talking about online purchase. Is this what you are talking about ?
Thanks
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby rphenry » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:02 pm

ospreywatcher wrote:Sorry, there's no June Mtn. logo wear in June Lake. It all got moved to McCoy Sports.

I saw T-shirts and sweatshirts that had June Mountain on them. They said it was not the current logo, but one from the sixties.

Don't buy it all up yet. I am not going to get there until Tuesday afternoon (reservation Tuesday night at the June Lake Villager).

I found what I always thought was my "old" June tee shirt in the back of the closet. It has the elk's head logo, which I guess isn't that old after all.
rphenry
Center Bowl
Center Bowl

Postby onegoodturn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 am

PE395 wrote:For anyone that wants to grab some June gear, it's all been moved over to the store in the gondola building.

^^What I meant by the June logo. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the Sierra Wave has some t-shirts (not many) with the old school logo and the general store has 1 sweatshirt that says "June Mountain" on it.

But please stop by and grab a taco at Bomber's Tacos across the street from Ernie's.
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby PerfectZero » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 am

Coming up Thurs night, I hope there's something left by then.
The higher you get, the higher you get.
PerfectZero
Dave's Run
Dave's Run

Postby artethesmarte » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 am

I'll be there Wednesday. I'll hide some stuff for you.
artethesmarte
Broadway
Broadway

Postby Paradise Guy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Was in Sierra Wave in June today. No caps but plenty to T's with all the different june logos...But I like baseball caps so I'll be swinging by the MM store before leaving town Weds...
"Freedoms just another word for_ nothin' left to do_
Nothin' aint worth nothin'_ but it's free_" Dead
Paradise Guy
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Postby Snow D » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 pm

All June gear available here... just let me now what you need and I'll send you the bill... It may be a bit more than you anticipate though as Im on a hell bent rage to save JM!!!! ;)
Hmmmmmm, need something clever…. oh well, screw it.
Snow D
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

Postby Biker395 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:40 am

onegoodturn wrote:^^What I meant by the June logo. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the Sierra Wave has some t-shirts (not many) with the old school logo and the general store has 1 sweatshirt that says "June Mountain" on it.

But please stop by and grab a taco at Bomber's Tacos across the street from Ernie's.

We did that. Yum.

As far as I know, this is the status of the June gear:

Sierra Wave has some June T-shirts with the classic logo on them ... but at the top, it says "Classic June" instead of "June Mountain" ... so it's a play on the original logo.

McCoys under the Village Gondola has a wide variety of T-shirts, but few if any short sleeve Ts in women's sizes. They have a wide variety of Ts in men's sizes, though. They have pins, and patches with the old logo and ... ahem ... shot glasses with the updated June logo.

PS: Good chatting with yer this weekend, OGT.
There is wisdom in collective stupidity. - Biker395

ImageImage
www.Photo395.com
Biker395
Hemlock Ridge
Hemlock Ridge

Postby ShiftyRider » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:32 pm

FWIW (keep in mind I'm not suggesting what anybody should do, or even what I have done)...

When you buy June logowear from MMSA, you're reinforcing the PTB's supposition that June Mountain gross receipts would become Mammoth gross receipts if June didn't operate. IMO (and probably nobody else's), you're doing the exact opposite of supporting June Mountain. Sorry.
ShiftyRider
Climax
Climax

Postby maxpower88 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm

ShiftyRider wrote:FWIW (keep in mind I'm not suggesting what anybody should do, or even what I have done)...

When you buy June logowear from MMSA, you're reinforcing the PTB's supposition that June Mountain gross receipts would become Mammoth gross receipts if June didn't operate. IMO (and probably nobody else's), you're doing the exact opposite of supporting June Mountain. Sorry.

QFT

If you didn’t buy your June merchandise at the Chalet and then have to ride down the face with it on as an extra layer, you should listen to Shifty.
"How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer…merciless…insatiable…"
maxpower88
Climax
Climax

Postby Photoho » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't think people are thinking that they are financially supporting June at this point. I would guess that wearing the logo ware is a sign of support and hope for June's future.
I seriously doubt anybody thinks a T-shirt purchase will reopen June.
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Photoho » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Or maybe they should print one shirt with gold leaf lettering that says " I saved June Mountain " and sell it for 1.5 Million :)
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

PreviousNext

Return to June Mountain