If you were the CEO, what would you do to 'fix' June?

Discussions regarding Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Cross country, Biking, Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Climbing, and more, at June Mountain and the surrounding areas

Moderator: JuneGOssip

Re: If you were the CEO, what would you do to 'fix' June?

Postby Jbaysurfer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 am

Photoho wrote:I understand what you are saying, but I think the swap is to make the land at Main ( or at least across the street ) private

I also understand what YOU'RE saying :-P but the swap is swapping what is currently highly used public land for completely unused private land, and that's exactly the dilemma the FS faces: Highest and best use of public resources. They should consider the corporation's history of stewarding those resources when making any decision.
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby onegoodturn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Does the term, smoke and mirrors, come to mind? Shouldn't Mr. Gregory come up with a plan for June before he goes forward with the land swap? Or tries to. The folks here are pretty pissed off...

There's a meeting soon in Bridgeport, I think it's on the 5th but I gotta check it out. Hope lots of you can attend.
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby Photoho » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:12 pm

If Max starts now he can hike up there by the 5th and ride a few shutes on the way
Photoho
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby SkierBob » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm

The folks here are pretty pissed off...

What about exactly?
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby onegoodturn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm

SkierBob wrote:
The folks here are pretty pissed off...

What about exactly?

You of all people have to ask???
onegoodturnImagedeserves another
onegoodturn
Kiwi Flat
Kiwi Flat

Postby SkierBob » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

I thought we were good; Rusty said June will be open next season.

What's to be pissed about?
Last edited by SkierBob on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby windyscotty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 am

In the past everything came down to a land swap with Mammoth in the town and on the hill. Why should this venture be any different?

Snow Creek was a land swap. The golf course was a land swap. Life is a freakin' land swap-get used to it!

Join in now: This land is your land, this land is my land, from Mammoth Mtn. to Fantasy Island. This land was made for you and me. Yippee!
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby SkierBob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 am

Seems the pissed off Loopers want to play hardball.

If they go that route I'm willing to bet they shoot themselves in the foot.

It's a great drama either way
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby windyscotty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 pm

We also know that the FS is in control here despite what Mammoth or the public want to do about it. They have land they want to trade for all over the dang country and do so on a regular basis. Snowcreek was traded for land in another state.

So don't hold your breath. Speak your peace, but in the end, the Chief makes the final call. If they want the ski hill to go back to nature, it will be done. If they want Mammoth to continue in operation, it will be done. If they choose to let another corporation take over, it will be done. "Thy will be done!"
windyscotty
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby SkierBob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:50 pm

The Pissed Off Loopers (to be refered to as the POL from here on) need to start greasing uncle Buck's palm.

The POL will have to play the game if they want to win the game. Right now the POL doesn't have much going for them and they have some serious intitlement issues to boot. Some psychiatric counseling will help with the intitlement issues and some good ol' cold cash will surely grease uncle Buck's palm.
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby ShiftyRider » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Any reports on free shuttle ridership numbers? I still can't believe they think (thought?) weekenders would ride it on a Sunday.
ShiftyRider
Climax
Climax

Postby SkierBob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:45 pm

I doubt they'd ride it on Sunday even if June Hotels made Sunday check out time 6 p.m. Who knows maybe the free shuttle's there just to keep the POL happy,, well that didn't work.

I would love to see those free shuttle numbers, I know public transit always operates at a loss in the Eastern Sierra and just about everywhere else for that matter. When I divided the riders into the budget for Antelope Valley Transit it cost tax payers $65 ever time someone stepped foot on the bus. I think if people want to ride buses they should move to TOML or further South to the big city.

I rode the bus that goes from Yosemite Valley to Mammoth in July and I was the only one on it. I doubt my $15 fee covered %5 of the actual cost.
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby Jbaysurfer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

The forest service works for the taxpayers. I highly encourage every single taxpayer with an interest in any FS (including this one) issue to speak their minds. This is OUR land we're talking about. Speak up. Don't let a defeatist attitude suppress your voice.
Biker395 wrote:All I can say is that I view the person who founded and grew the company as a hero, and the person that bought it and tore it down as a parasite. And I say that as an avowed capitalist.
Jbaysurfer
Climax
Climax

Postby SkierBob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Don't let a capitalist attitude suppress your voice

^^ FIFY

The forest service works for the taxpayers

They're suppose to at least. The reality is they're impire building just like everyone else.
SkierBob
Dragon's Back
Dragon's Back

Postby snowfiend » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 pm

windyscotty wrote:In the past everything came down to a land swap with Mammoth in the town and on the hill. Why should this venture be any different?

Snow Creek was a land swap. The golf course was a land swap. Life is a freakin' land swap-get used to it!

Join in now: This land is your land, this land is my land, from Mammoth Mtn. to Fantasy Island. This land was made for you and me. Yippee!

right it's our land.. we need to call and send letters to the FS and tell them to give Mammoth the right way to connect June to Mammoth and build the Fair grounds as they wish.

Anyone know how much land that the FS controls is used by Ski resorts?
snowfiend
Cornice Bowl
Cornice Bowl

PreviousNext

Return to June Mountain